Sunday, January 9, 2011

Flavor Of The Week

Butter Pecan, y'all. Gosh, what were YOU thinking? No...for real though. FOR REAL...listen...I realized the other day at King Soopers that I might have commitment issues! See, there I was sitting at home, minding my own business when I realized I needed some ice cream. Yeah, NEEDED. Anyway, never mind that.

I went up to the store and what I really wanted to do was buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake. But...I was really bothered by the fact that a pint of ice cream costs the same as a gallon. I moved down to the gallons and then it struck me. If I buy a whole gallon of ice cream, I'm stuck with the dang thing for at least a week. What if I'm not in the mood for the same flavor every day. With Ben and Jerry's, you sit your fat ass in front of the tv and polish that baby off in one sitting. There's no commitment there, just eat and go. But a gallon, a WHOLE GALLON? Crap, I feel really tied down. A freaking ball and chain of ice cream. And there were so many choices...french vanilla, chocolate chip, fudge ripple, cookies and cream, OMG...I nearly had a panic attack picking out the flippin' ice cream.

In the end it was just too much and I walked over to the cheapest brand, closed my eyes and reached in and got...Butter Pecan. F you, Butter Pecan, you're stuck with me for the week...and you know what it said to me? F you too, Ginger, your dumb ass is stuck with me too. Yeah, bite me...next time I'm just getting the freaking pint and going home to my non-cable tv to watch a redbox movie that I'll never return. Flavor of the week, my ass...flavor of the DAY!

1 comment:

  1. lol I totally love this. keep it coming!! :) I'm tempted to start one of my own. :D

    ReplyDelete