Wednesday, January 5, 2011

You've got mail.

The mailbox...I don't like it. At our new house, the mailbox is at the curb instead of attached to the house. This annoys me. A lot. Point made...Anyway, I went to the row of six mailboxes the other day to finally bring the mail in. I was tired, still in my jammies and slippers when I opened the box. I pulled out the stack of mail and started thumbing through it...bill, bill, bill, ads, card...I pulled out a few things to toss in the recycle bin and I thought, man, the mailman really screwed up this time!!! All the mail had the wrong address!!! What a dork!!! Ugh, now I have to write "not at this address" on all this crap!!

Then...I looked closer...it was...my neighbors mail. I went to the wrong mailbox!!! Dammit dammit dammit! I'M the dork, AGAIN! So I did what any good neighbor would do...I threw all those bills in the trash! Kidding! Kidding! Gosh! Of course I put it back and checked my own mailbox...which was empty! Yay! Meanwhile Danika had been watching me the whole time and she yells out..."MOOOOMMMM! It's the SECOND box!" Oh, thanks honey, yell it out to the whole neighborhood! Where were you five minutes ago?

1 comment: