Saturday, February 26, 2011

This Made Me Laugh

Reading stories online...found this one that made me LOL. I hope it's not just night shift making me think everything is extra funny...enjoy!

After I had knee surgery (ACL reconstruction, as well as fixing my meniscus), I was totally loopy on the way home. My parents asked me what I wanted to eat (having not eaten in nearly 24 hours) & we went to a local fast food joint. They got me a burger. We stopped in the parking lot so my mom could open it for me, spread the wrapper out on my lap, and tuck napkins into my shirt. She hands me the burger, and we drive off.

I take a bite, and that first bite was *heaven*. Just an explosion of deliciousness. So good that just the taste fulfilled my needs for the moment & I fell back asleep. And woke up again when we hit a bump & the bite of burger fell out of my mouth.

Looked up, the parents were up front talking & driving. Put the bite back into my mouth. Fell asleep again. Woke up again when the bite fell out.

I did that little routine the whole hour-drive home. And I didn't realize until my mom told me, years later, that they noticed about 10 mins into the drive and giggled the whole way home, watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment