Friday, February 25, 2011

Who Am I?

A few weeks ago I went out to the mailbox for my daily dose of "crap I'm just gonna throw away" when I noticed something inside that had not been there before. The mailman had cut out a nice rectangle of paper and taped it on the inside of the mailbox. A reminder of sorts, I'm guessing, of all Ginger's previous lives.

I stopped and stared for a second and thought to myself...how the heck does the mailman know all of my names? I hadn't filled out a change of address card, I didn't tell the mailman I'm a two time divorcée. How does he KNOW? That's what I wanna know. At this point, I'm getting a little pissed. Ok, a LOT pissed. I can't even be ME anymore. I have to be the girl with three last names. I have to explaiiiiinnnnn to all the curious people, "oh yeah, I was married before, and once before that...oh and this is what happened and isn't it just soooo freaking interesting?"

Oh...I said freaking, whoops, sorry about that. Lately the topic just gets me lit up. I can't even pinpoint why, but I think the biggest thing for me is that I am ME, GINGER...that's it, love me or hate me, that's who I am. Some days I feel defined by my last name and it really ANNOYS me. What's the best choice when your ass gets straight up dumped, yo? Yeah, I'm gangsta now, y'all best step off! But for reallls, y'all, for reals...what was I supposed to do, go back to my maiden name? I love that name, but really...it makes me feel like I'm 10 years old and just learning cursive for the first time. And obviously I can't be Ginger husband#1'slastname. (Sorry, Matt) The obvious choice is to keep the same last name my kids have. An Irish girl with a German last name. Perfect.

Maybe I should just change my name to a symbol that nobody can pronounce, just like Prince did. How about this?



How ya like that? Does that work?

Look, folks, I don't regret anything in my life. Everything for a reason, I'm me because of all my experiences, no matter if they are good or bad. But I really resent people whispering behind my back...oh my goshhhh! Did you know she used to be married to so-and-so, and did you KNOW what happened??? Oh isn't that just awful?? Shut UP! Seriously...shut it, it's so annoying, and unnecessary, there are so many other interesting things to know about a person other than who they were married to, who they dated, who they went to prom with. Whatever! I'm tired. Night shift is kicking my ass big time and I blame this rant solely on my craptastic shift which deprives me of sleep all of my days!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment